Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Taco Pie Cups and Taco Dip


So I thought I would make something at Alison's that everyone would like. I know that Kacey, Ali, Chad, and I all love taco pie so I decided to make taco pie in a muffin tin to make it easier to eat at the party. It was just like the original but it was a bit of work to make the cresents do what I wanted. Also, I didn't have too much room for the layers so each cup has Taco Doritos, meat, and cheese. I couldn't do the double layers of chips and cheese but it worked out okay. Honestly, my favorite part is the cresent anyway. To make the cresent rolls the right shape I took the larger rectangles and pinched the seam and cut them into squares to put into the cup. I cooked them for 6 minutes empty, layered in the ingredients, and cooked for about 15 minutes.
I brought them in my new pyrex portable that Chad got me for Christmas. It was so handy! It turned out to be a good party food!

I also used my other pyrex portable to bring taco dip and chips to Ali's. I just used the extra taco meat from the taco pie cups. It worked out wonderfully!

1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

Amy,
You have amazing food talents :) Now I'm hungry at 10:37PM. NOT a good thing!

I plan to try to make your receipes. They look SO yummy!

TY for posting them.

Sorry about your NYE ditching! I'm glad it wasn't serious. Lord knows there were many that were this holiday season. And you even had some extra time by having your unexpected sleep over! Nothing better than that, right?