Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

So, I had a blast in South Carolina. It was a lot of fun to visit with sis and aaron and to just relax for the weekend. The weather was not as hot as I was hoping for but it is SO cold here that it was still an upgrade.
The big news is going back to work. My kids are SICK, SICK, SICK. They are getting sicker by the day. I had 10 kids gone on Tuesday and 8 kids gone today. I have had a couple of kids gone for over a week now. The big problem is a weird flu that seems to be highly contagious. It is weird because it is a wet, wheezy cough for a day and then a quick fever and the kid is out of commission for the better part of a week. I had two parents try to send their kids to school today sick as dogs. WHY oh WHY do parents insist on sending miserable, fever ridden children to school? I don't want to get sick and I don't want to get the only well 12 children in my class infected. STAY HOME. I am sorry if you have to take a day off of work or take your child to Grandma's but honestly, I am so FREAKING tired of getting sick needlessly. I anti-bac-ed my classroom about 100 times today and each kid had to wash their hands if they so much as touched their face (which in Kindergarten is constantly). It is very, very difficult for me to miss work, especially when I am sick and I can't plan ahead.
Enough venting for now. Tomorrow is Thursday, which is awesome. I have enjoyed watching Idol all week and Project Runway is on tonight too! I hope everyone is enjoying their week!

1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

Amy,
When I talked to Linda about the kids being gone, she said there were alot of kids out. I guess I didn't realize just how many. I was fretting about my kids missing two days so far but a week? wow!! We've had a fever with two of the kids but nothing outrageously high. Ours is the vomiting, fatigue, and headaches. Of course, I guess the motrin/tylenol used for the headaches could be keeping the fevers at bay. Anyways, I hope to send them back tomorrow as long as no more puking sessions occur tonight in the school kids. Knock on wood please. It's been a vicious cycle in our household since SUNDAY! I'm ready to lose my mind (and quite sick of cleaning up vomit)! Stay healthy. Stock up on Lysol. I'll talk with you soon!