Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Plan B- Garlic Mashed Potatoes


So I was planning on roasting some potatoes to go along with my pork tenderloin but I got out the bag and they were soft and wrinkly. I knew I couldn't use them but I already had people over so I had to find a plan B. Then I remembered a couple of months ago when Meijer was having a sale on boxed potatoes and I bought a box of Betty Crocker garlic mashed potatoes. The box had two pouches of 4 servings so it was perfect for our group of 6. They were extremely easy to make and it was actually a much better idea than screwing around with a bunch of potatoes in the oven. They were really good and I think I will make them again when people come over!

1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

You know, we use another type of "bagged" potatoes, Idahoan. They are so easy to make (mix packet with 2 cups of boiling water, stir, set a minute and serve). We use 2 packs for the family. We've used Roasted Garlic, Buttery Homestyle, and there are several other types.
YUMMY and EASY!