Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup!



So I made my first chicken noodle soup from scratch. It was funny because I told my friend Deb about it and she asked me if I made the noodles. HA! I thought I was pretty good making my own soup instead of opening a can. Hehehe. Now that I know how easy it is I can see the point in her question. That soup was as easy as making spaghetti. So, here is my recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup

Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients:
1/4 cup olive oil
3 or 4 carrots chopped
3 or 4 stalks of celery or celery hearts chopped
6 - 8 cups chicken broth
1 lb chicken cut into bite sized pieces
1 lb noodles (I used Kluski)
I think you are supposed to use onion too but anyone who knows me knows that I clearly wouldn't add them! ;)

Directions
put the oil in the bottom of the skillet with the veggies over medium heat. Cook until they are a bit tender, then the stock and bring to a boil and add chicken and noodles. Cook 10 minutes. Eat.
I also made cresent rolls to go with it but I cut them in half so that they would cook through. This was so easy and so comforting with all of the snow we have been having!

2 comments:

Cave Baby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your soup. I LOVE to make soup, and have become quite a snob about it...I don't like canned soup anymore. Who'd have thought? It's so cool, too, how different you can make each batch of soup just by adding a couple of different things. But I think my favorite part about making soup, is that I have left over soup for lunch and dinner for the next few days. I just don't get tired of it. And even Rick eats the left over soup.