Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Day and the BIG game - Pork Tenderloin




Well, it is New Year's Day and after our ditch episode last night (see 2 posts below) we had my Aunt Pat, Unc, and Chad's parents over to watch the game. We had lots of snacks including Cindy's famous cheese spread (I will publish the recipe soon) with garlic toast, Aunt Pat's veggie tray, more taco chips and dip and a delicious lunch. We had pork tenderloin and mashed potatoes (which were a suprise even to me!)
I made the marinade for the tenderloin on New Year's Eve and let it marinate overnight. It came out moist, tender, and delicious. It was my first tenderloin so I was nervous but I was very happy with the results.

Pork Tenderloin
courtesy of the Food Network

Ingredients
1 1/2 - 2 lbs. pork tenderloin
Marinade:
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoon dry red wine
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated ginger (I omitted this because I didn't have it)
1/2 teaspoon groun cinnamon
2 green onions (green part only), chopped. Yeah right, I used onion powder.

Combine the marinade ingredients in a measuring cup and whisk together. Pour over pork in a plastic bag. Marinate overnight.


Preheat oven to 350* F. Bake for 45 minutes until the meat is 145* F internally.
Well, I don't have a meat thermometer so I just cooked it for 50 minutes because my oven tends to undercook things. I cooked it in a 9x13 pan lined with aluminum foil. I turned the tenderloin over a couple of times while it was cooking and used my basting brush to get the juice on top of the meat twice during cooking.

Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes. Then cut into 2 inch pieces. Drizzle some of the juice over each piece before serving (I just used my brush to brush each side with a bit of the cooking juices on the serving platter). I was really happy with how this turned out! It was so delicious!

We finished up the gameday meal with the other half of my trifle (see recipe below). I made it right before I served it with the other half of my ingredients.

No comments: