Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Night In! Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti

Chad is working late tonight due to the State of the State address by Governor of Michigan. He has to stay there to listen to the speech and maybe some receptions afterward. The roads are going to get bad quickly so I hope he just comes home.
Well, when I found this out I got excited about what I am going to have for dinner. I am having a recipe from Ruth at 4Every Kitchen for Marscarpone Herb and Lemon Spaghetti. I made it once before and it was so yummy. I am sure Chad wouldn't like it so I have to wait to make it just for me. Then I thought, OH BOY this is going to be so good for lunch this week at work! So, I made it. I used Ricotta because Marscapone is SO expensive and I am cheap! My dinner was SO delicious. You should try this INCREDIBLY easy recipe. I mean, you don't even cook the sauce!

Lemon and Ricotta Spaghetti

Ingredients

8 oz Spaghetti (or other type of pasta)
the zest and juice of one lemon
1/2 cup Mascarpone or Ricotta Cheese (I used lowfat, naturally)
2 tbsp each chopped basil and flat leaf parsley (I did that this summer when I had an herb garden but today I used dried *gasp*)
1/2 cup coarsely grated parm. cheese

Directions
1. cook the pasta according to package directions
2. meanwhile mix mascarpone or ricotta and zest and juice in a large bowl
3. drain pasta and mix in the cheese
4. mix in herbs and parm
5. serve and enjoy

It is seriously that easy. It is just as easy as Kraft Mac & Cheese. This recipe is SO GOOD! You should try it, it has very few ingredients and a lot of good flavor. It made me feel all summery during such a dreary day!

1 comment:

Dea said...

Uh yeah, YUM! Sounds awesome, I will definitely try this some night for the girls.

No worried on dried basil (I actually prefer it to fresh, which I find a bit overpowering), but throw out that dried parsley, no taste for it, it's like sprinkling paper on your food! ;-)

Miss you... talk soon! Lots of shit going down. Marci is moving to Germany and is a ten euro plane ride away!!! Now if we could just get you guys this direction... heh! ;-)