Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

My new curtains!

BEFORE:

AFTER:


Well, we got a call on Saturday that our new table is in and will be delivered on Thursday! How exciting! Well, I told myself that the verticals would be down before the table came but I was thinking I had a few more weeks. In light of recent spending events I decided to try to find some less expensive curtains that did cost an additional $15 to ship! So, we went to Marshall's and I found some really great curtains. They are a teal/seafoam color similar to the curtains in the living room. They have a brown velvet ribbon detail along the sides and bottom. The linear nature of it compliments our style well. These curtains are 90 inches long. This means that with our 8 foot ceilings they are only 6 inches from the ceiling and it also means they are 6 inches above the top of the sliding glass door. I know it seems weird but that is the new style. Apparently if you mount your curtains higher on the wall it elongates your ceilings and makes the room appear larger. I have to get used to it I think! We used a large brown rod with heavy brown leather fineals on the ends. I think it makes it look a bit more formal. Here are some pics! Enjoy!


5 comments:

mom said...

hi amy ,love the new curtains. cant wait to see the table!

Dea said...

Looks great Ame! Hope you guys had fun yesterday! Talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

One of the Bunch said...

They are beautiful, Amy. I really like the color and LOVE the brown accent in it. We have a "chocolate" wall in our dining and livingroom. So dark and rich. Makes it feel cozy. Is your new table light or dark? Hoping for a delay tomorrow... :)

One of the Bunch said...

We GOT it! Today was delayed! :) Hope your morning went well!