Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sick of Winter!

I am so so so sick of winter. Yeah, I know I live in Michigan but give me a break! February seems SO long. I am just getting a bit bogged down at work with lots of testing and trying to keep up. We have had several 4 day weeks and it seems that I have to do the same amount of stuff in those four days. I didn't send home the weekly folder I generally send home on Fridays last week because not only did we not have school on Friday but we also had a Valentine's Day party and a whole bunch of other junk and still trying to catch up from all of the snow days from the week before. So now it seems that people are all up in arms about not getting this stupid folder home. There was a note to go home about the Daddy Daughter Dance (which is as big as prom at my school) and it isn't due for like 3 weeks. Well, I am going to send it home this Friday. It isn't the end of the world people!
Okay, enough venting for now. Work is just making me a big batty right now.
Anyway, everything else is going well. I can't wait until we go to Florida. And until then I will just keep dreaming of my VERY favorite day of the year. You know, that first day that you can drive around with the windows of your car rolled down, sunroof open, music blaring with the smell of Spring in the air. I LOVE that day, seriously. I mean, its probably like 55* when I do that but it feels like 85* when we have had such cold days! I hope everyone can keep dreaming about Spring to get them through those cold days we have left.

2 comments:

mom said...

I'm with you. cant wait til spring! love, mom

One of the Bunch said...

I agree, Amy. Sorry you have parents who can't seem to give you a break when it comes to having everything in perfect order for them. I was just going through the calendar yesterday putting dates in for field trips and such. The kids asked why and I told them it was so Mom didn't get a note from their teacher saying I didn't do something, send something, or follow through with something. I try to juggle five kids. You're juggling twenty five. If they only walked a day in your shoes... Hang in there. I can't wait for spring either! And Florida, oh my gosh, I can't wait either. When are you heading south? *Another coughing fit from the lil man, gotta go*