Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, February 11, 2008

Our New Table . . .


is gigantic! I mean, really. I was worried that it was going to be big and it REALLY is. But I generally overreact. We used to have a fairly small table in there before so I am used to that room having a lot of space. I think that it is growing on me but at first I was ready to send it back! :) Except I could never send it back because I love it SO MUCH!
It is a mix between mission style and shaker style. Mission style furniture (with its clean lines squared edges) is my favorite. Most mission style tables, however, have a pedistal, which I don't like. But we special ordered our table so we could have whatever we wanted. So we got a mission style top and chairs with shaker style legs. They are a bit tappered and still mimick the mission style. The odd thing is that our table actually has 5 legs. That is because the top is solid oak and over time it would bow due to the weight. So there is a leg in the middle for extra strength. You don't really see it unless you are looking for it because the chairs block the way. It has a redish tint to the stain and it is BEAUTIFUL!
We got two chairs with arms on them for the short ends of the table and four side chairs. The chairs have an indent for comfort on bottoms and the backs ae also contoured for comfort. The top of the chairs comes to a really cool peak and it really gives it some style. We will leave it set up with six chairs all of the time I think. We have a leaf too, but it makes the table almost too big for the room so we will only use it a few times. It only cost about $40.00 though so it was totally worth getting it when the table was purchased.
Here are some pictures of the details:










1 comment:

mom said...

beautiful table and chairs. your dining area really came together. good work. love, mom