Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Taco Pie!



Tonight we went grocery shopping and Chad suggested that we get the ingredients for one of his favorite dinners, Taco Pie. When Chad and I first met and after I proved to him that I could actually cook he asked me to make taco pie. His friend, Geni, used to make it when he was in college and he just loved it. So he emailed her for the recipe and he printed it off for me to make. It seemed weird to me but I decided to try it. I have entertained with it and everyone always asks for the recipe. It is way too much for just Chad and I but we make it anyway! Without further ado . . .

Taco Pie
Ingredients
1 tube cresent rolls
1 lb ground beef (we use sirloin or X-tra lean)
1 packet of taco seasoning mix (and the water called for on packet)
Taco flavored Doritos
1 2cup package of taco shredded cheese

Directions
Preheat oven to 350* F
Unroll cresent rolls and piece together to form a crust in the bottom of a 8 or 9 inch pie pan
prick with a fork and put in the oven for 6 minutes just to start it to be sure it is cooked through at the end.
Meanwhile brown the meat on the stove and follow the taco seasoning directions.
Crush some of the taco Doritos on top of the cresent crust
Next top the Doritos with the meat
Then put 1/2 of the cheese on the meat
Next add another layer of crushed Doritos
Top with the remaining cheese.

Put the pie in the oven for 15-20 minutes
Enjoy the deliciousness!

No comments: