Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Sunday, November 4, 2007

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches


I made BBQ pulled pork sandwhiches for the football party because I knew I could make it ahead and have it in the crockpot for whenever people were hungry for it. This has been an extremely popular recipe on my What's Cooking board on The Nest, so that is where I will credit this recipe. I don't really eat BBQ sauce or much pork so I had a taste or two but I didn't eat a sandwich. Honestly, I was so full from spinach artichoke dip and soup that I couldn't have fit one in my tummy! When I had the porkloin in the crockpot with the rootbeer I couldn't believe how STINKY it was. I had two candles around it at all times because I couldn't stand the smell. It gave it a good flavor, however, when all was said and done! Also, I didn't have any idea that pork tenderloin was so expensive! Luckily, it was buy one get one free at Meijer so I threw one in the freezer. So, without further ado . .

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Ingredients
2 lbs. Pork Tenderloin
12 oz. Rootbeer
1 18 oz. bottle BBQ sauce (Chad likes Sweet Baby Ray's)
Hamburger buns

Directions
Put pork tenderloin in crockpot.
Pour rootbeer over pork.
Set crockpot on low for 6 hours.
After 6 hours take the meat out and shred it with two forks, it was so tender that the shredding was extremely easy.
Clean out the crockpot, empty the rootbeer.
Mix shredded pork with the bottle of bbq sauce.
Cook 1 1/2 hours more in crockpot on low.
I kept mine on low for longer than that and then put it on low during the game.
Serve on hamburger buns (toast if desired).

1 comment:

Dea said...

That sounds awesome!!! Really need to get me a crockpot! Might give you a call tonight if that suits???