Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Delicious Cresent Chicken Bundles


In my constant cruzing of food blogs I found a yummy looking recipe from Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats
It was originally from Pilsbury and won their recipe contest. It was SO good and easy. It would have been even easier if I used canned chicken but I was a good little cook and baked my own chicken.

Cresent Chicken Bundles
taken from Savory Cresent Chicken Squares

Ingredients
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed (one could easily use the canned chicken)
3 oz. softened cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
1 tbsp butter or margarine softened
Salt and Pepper
Original recipe asked for pimento and chives but we don't eat those
1 8 oz. tube of cresent rolls
1 tbsp melted butter
3/4 cup crushed croutons (I used garlic and onion flavor which probably made up for my lack of other spices)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350*F
Mix cream cheese and butter in a bowl. Beat until smooth.
Add cooked chicken (I salted and peppered it well before baking) Mix well.
Put cresents onto cookie sheet in four rectangles. Pinch perforations to seal them closed.
Spoon 1/4 of mixture onto each rectangle.
Bring up the sides to make a bundle.



Pinch it all together at the top.
Brush with melted butter and sprinkle crushed croutons on top.
Bake at 350*F for 30 minutes.

Enjoy the deliciousness!

2 comments:

Dea said...

Yummers!

I love the comment "we don't eat those!" hehe...

mom said...

Gee amy, that looks pretty good. I guess I will have to have you do the cooking next time you come home! mom