Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Banana Muffins


Last week and this week I am working with the afterschool program at my school. I decided to teach "Cooking healthy snacks" with the third and fourth graders. We made all sorts of snacks, I will try to take pictures this week and post the kid friendly recipes! Well, because of this I had three leftover rotten bananas. And as I always say, when life hands you rotten bananas, make banana muffins! I went to Allrecipes.com and found a recipe with a strussel topping, what a winner!

Banana Muffins
From Allrecipes.com

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted (I used veg. oil)

1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375* F
Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners

In a large bowl mix 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.(I also added a sprinkle of cinnamon into the batter)
In another bowl mix bananas, sugar, egg, and oil.
Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened.
Spoon into muffin cups.

In a small bowl mix brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour, and cinnamon. Cut in butter until it is the texture of cornmeal. Sprinkle on top of muffins.

Bake 18-20 minutes

No comments: