Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, October 1, 2007

Yummy Pumpkin Muffins!




Okay, so let me start by saying that this recipe was DELICIOUS and let me admit that I didn't follow the directions exactly. The biggest "mistake" I made was that I read the directions to say a 12 cup muffin pan instead of TWO 12 cup muffin pans. As I was filling them I thought, wow these are awfully full, but they were GOOD. It really just saved me some time. I would have had two at a time because they were so yummy!

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Courtesy of Culinary Infatuation

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
3 eggs (I used Egg Beaters, or "Great Eggspectations" which is Meijer's brand isn't that name hillarious?)
2 1/2 cups sugar - divided
2 1/2 cups flour - divided
1/4 cup pecans roughly chopped (I used some leftover sliced almonds)
3 tbls butter melted
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon - divided
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cups solid packed canned pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla (I have some really yummy vanilla from our honeymoon in Mexico!)

Directions: I will admit that this recipe was a lot harder than I thought it would be. It uses a lot of bowls!
Heat oven to 375*F
Bowl #1 - Mix cream cheese, 1 egg, and 3 tbsp sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
Bowl #2 - Melt your butter and add 5 tbsp sugar, 1/2 cup flour, nuts, 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl (this will be your topping) and set aside
Bowl #3 - Combine the rest of the sugar (I found it to be one tbsp less than two cups), flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and remaining cinnamon in a bowl.
Bowl #4 - Beat together pumpkin, remaining eggs, oil, and vanilla in bowl.

Make a well in bowl #3 and add the mixture from bowl #4. Mix with a fork until moistened (I hate the word moist)

Divide half of this mixture into the muffin cups (12 or 24 its your choice)
Then distribute the cream cheese mixture (bowl #1) into each muffin cup
Put remaining muffin mixture on top of cream cheese mixture
Put the topping (bowl #2) on each muffin.
Bake 20-25 minutes. Take out of oven and enjoy the yumminess.

2 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

Ohhh ohhh another YUMMY receipe to try. I'm going to be in BIG trouble if I keep trying your delicious treats. By the way, Tim liked the chicken pasta dish. Yipee!!

Dea said...

These look amazing... did the cream cheese stay together in the middle or spread into the batter. Wish I could get canned pumpkin here... I suppose I could try it with fresh, but not sure what they add to that stuff!