Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sketty and Meatballs


Sorry it has been so long since my last post. My freaking classes are kicking my butt! I read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone this week along with the papers I had to write about it and it took me all week!
Let me just say that my dinners this week haven't been all that exciting. I did try some new recipes out, it is just sad to admit that I had never made meatballs before. Chad has said that he doesn't like meatloaf so I just lumped meatballs in with that and never gave it a try. I do add meat to our spaghetti but I usually just brown it in a pan before adding the jarred tomato sauce. This time was different.
Every time we have spaghetti at school I laugh at how the students tell me their choice for lunch. I hear everything from ketty to pasketti. When I was a child I think I got as far as calling it sketty. I guess I wasn't an Italian scholar. Here is my version of Spaghetti and Baked Meatballs.

Baked Meatballs (enough for two)
1/2 lb. ground beef (we use 97% X-tra lean)
a hefty sprinkle of dry breadcrumbs
a squirt of ketchup
1/2 an egg slightly beaten (I just dumped some down the drain before I added it)
Other people may add onions or peppers etc. but we are FAR too picky for that! :)

Preheat oven to 400* F
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
(I say this here because I forgot to do this and I was up to my wrists in raw meat before I remembered. My loving husband got to help with dinner by getting the sheet ready for me!)
Mix all ingredients with your hands
form into balls and place on baking sheet
Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until done
Put on top of your favorite pasta and top with tomato sauce and parm cheese. YUMMY!
Chad and I both really liked our Sketty and Meatballs, they were meaty and delicious.

No comments: