Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Cheesy Stuffed Shells

When I was at the grocery store the other day I bought some ricotta cheese because I wanted something good and cheesy. Of course, as the good Weight Watchers girl that I am, I bought the low-fat ricotta and then looked for a yummy recipe that would add about 10 lbs to my girlish figure. I found a cooking light recipe and changed it a bit to fit my needs. I am going to submit this to Ruth's Presto Pasta Night! Enjoy!

Cheesy Stuffed Shells


Ingredients:
3 cups shredded mozzerella cheese, divided
1/2 cup parmesaen cheese
healthy sprinkle of Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic minced
2 eggs
1 10oz box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed through a kitchen towel
24 large pasta shells
1 large jar (26 oz) marinara sauce

Cook pasta shells according to directions, drain
Preheat oven to 350* F

Mix 2 cups mozzerella and next 5 ingredients.
Spoon into the cooked and drained shells

Place shells in a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray
cover with 1 cup mozzerella cheese

bake at 350* F for 30 minutes

2 comments:

Dea said...

Looks yum-o Amy! I haven't been able to find those big ole shells over here! You're really cooking up a storm lately! Sorry I missed your call last night... still five hours ahead, was getting the girls into bed! If you want to try tonight after 4 your time would be awesome! At least until we get this landline in then I have free calls to the US woohoo! Talk soon! XO

Ruth Daniels said...

I love stuffed pasta and this dish is one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.