Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, October 15, 2007

All new in blue


Well, a couple of weeks ago we changed some of the art work in our dining room and we patched and painted some old holes the old homeowners had in the walls. Well, as ambitious as I am I decided to patch and paint some old nail holes in the kitchen and downstairs half bath as well. Well, I thought that the kitchen, dining room, and half bath were all the same color. WRONG! So then I had four huge spots of darker paint in the half bath and it looked ridiculous. So we had to repaint the half bath.
We went to Home Depot and I picked out a VERY light blue color that I thought would be very calming in that little room. Well, Chad had other ideas. He was inspired by a brightly colored bathroom my sister had at her beautiful home in South Carolina so he chose a bright blue color that is exactly like my favorite blue moon ice cream.
We decided to get a new mirror, towel holder, bath mat, soap dispenser and pictures as well to complete the room. It has always been our "mexican bathroom" as we decorated it with some pieces we bought on our honeymoon on Mexico. The colors we chose came from the Mayan mask we bought down there. The pictures we hung up had a Mexican theme and tie in the colors in the room.

1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

I love it! And yes, it is VERY BRIGHT but very nice. Good work!