Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Chicken and Potatoes to put off my paper


So I am taking two master's classes this semester along with working full time so I have been quite busy. One of my classes is online so there are some pretty big papers to write. This week I had a 5-7 page single spaced paper to write as a midterm reflection on the class so far. I have been putting it off for as long as I could and I wrote 4 1/2 pages last night but then I was totally burned out so I stopped. I knew it wouldn't take me long to finish up today but I still really didn't want to so I put it off by cooking a big dinner and baking an apple crisp.
For dinner I made parm chicken with roasted potatoes.

Parm Chicken
Ingredients:
2 Chicken breasts
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1/2 cup of parm cheese
1 egg slightly beaten
A big swirl of EVOO

Directions:
Mix together the breadcrumbs and parm on a plate
Butterfly the chicken breasts and put the chicken breasts between two pieces of wax paper and pound thin with a rolling pin.
Dip the chicken in egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture
Put in pan with EVOO over med-high heat
Cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown
Enjoy the deliciousness


Roasted Potatoes
Ingredients:
4-5 red skin potatoes
a few tablespoons EVOO
Salt

Directions:
Cut up the potatoes
toss them into the EVOO
put on a tin-foil lined baking sheet
Bake at 425*F for 30 minutes, then turn and cook an additional 15-20 minutes

1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

How ironic that I have a paper to write too and I'm putting it off as well! (bad bad me). We had chicken this weekend too. We actually use the red McCormick Original Chicken Bag 'N Season to do the chicken. We really love the flavor of the seasoning and cooking it in the bag makes clean up such a snap. The chicken cooks quickly and is super moist! Our favorite potatos are the Del Monte (canned) diced potatoes rinsed and topped with Mrs. Dash! Simple and quick. Nothing beats "real" potatoes, fresh out of the bag, but this sure does help out when we are pressed for time. (By the way, Walmart carries the large can for about $1.20) Thanks for another yummy receipe to try.