Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pizza Party!



After reading various cooking blogs I was inspired to make homemade pizza. Now my husband eats pizza about twice a week and after buying the ingredients it is actually cheaper to get a hot and ready Little Caesar's pizza, but I suppose that isn't true as I have cheese, pepperoni, and sauce for another day. In fact, I bought Meijer brand crust and sauce and they were very inexpensive. I like homemade pizza because then I don't have to have pepperoni, because I don't like it, and I can have a very minimal amount of sauce and a LOT of cheese. So, this is our version of homemade pizza.

Amy and Chad's Yummy Pizza

Ingredients:
1 tube of pizza crust
1 jar pizza sauce
1 1/2 cups Mozzerella cheese
a bit of Romano cheese
a generous sprinkle of parmesan cheese
Pepperoni or other toppings of your choice
A tall glass of coke zero to wash it all down


Directions:
Spread the pizza dough on a rectangular pizza pan. I used my Pampered Chef pizza stone.
Spread on the desired amount of sauce.

Sprinkle on some delicious cheeses and top with whatever toppings you desire. I was thinking about doing green peppers but it was too rainy to get out to the garden.
Bake at 400*F for 15-17 minutes.
Enjoy your delicious pizza with a nice tall glass of Coke Zero.

3 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

mmmmmmmmm! Pizza. I absolutely love pizza, especially homemade pizza. It is a pretty fun thing for the kids too. Sometimes we make little bagel pizzas and the kids think it is the coolest thing. Thanks again for another great fix.

Dea said...

Make your own sauce by blitzing a can of tomatoes (less than 30c here), add some oregano and whatever other spices (garlic etc.) you like.

Make the crust from scratch as well, check my blog and you are down to very little in cost!!! It's a great way to start with yeast breads and mine makes three crusts. I freeze the other two! So three crusts for the cost of a few cups of flour! Yay!

If you slice or shred your own cheese too it saves a lot of money and tastes better! If you have a good grater it only takes a few seconds too.

Can you tell I'm broke?

Dea said...

Argh,,, but good for you is what I'm trying to say!