Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Apple Crisp and Killing Time


In a further attempt to avoid writing my paper (see below) I decided to also make an apple crisp. While shopping at Meijer today I bought a ¼ peck of apples. I thought that there would be no way I would finish all of the apples but after my yummy apple with peanut butter snack after work I had a hankering for more!
So, I was reading the various cooking blogs I frequent and I found a yummy (and easy) recipe for an apple crisp courtesy of Kayte’s Kitchen. Her blog always features some delicious recipes that I feel I can tackle even as a novice cook.

Apple Crisp courtesy of Kayte’s Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
8 tbsp butter, melted
4 apples, peeled and sliced
2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Mix flour, sugar , baking powder and salt. Gradually add egg until crumbly. Layer apples in and 8x8 cake pan. Cover apples with flour mixture and drizzle with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Of course my janky oven took 45 minutes. Does anyone know how to get an oven fixed. I don’t even know who to call for that. Anyway, the crisp is delicious and definitely makes me feel like Fall is in the air! This recipe was much, much easier than apple pie but with the same effect and less fat and calories. The apple goodness is present but there is crisp in every bite! YUM!!

4 comments:

Kayte said...

i'm so glad you liked it! and i'm glad you like the recipes on my blog and feel like they're something you can tackle. i consider myself somewhat of a novice cook as well, so i'm glad to share easy, but yummy, recipes!

One of the Bunch said...

Ohhh, now I'm going to have to add apples to my shopping list! Thanks Amy! My thighs thank you as well. (snicker)

Dea said...

How good does that look? Super good!!!

peharper said...

Yummy! A big scoop of vanilla ice cream and this could be one of those "can my butt be any bigger" treats.