Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, October 1, 2007

Spur of the moment cookies!



When I went grocery shopping last week I decided to stock up on some of the ingredients I see in everyone's food blogs because I was sick of seeing delicious recipes just to say, "I wish I had ____."
So tonight I saw an easy recipe for cake cookies that is weight watchers friendly so I stood right up and got to work! The last thing I needed was a cookie but I had all of the ingredients and honestly, I was going to eat something sugary anyway, I might as well make it interesting.

One Point Cake Cookies
Courtesy of One Tiny Pink Kitchen

Ingredients:
1 cake mix (I used Devil's Food my all time fav)
1/2 cup egg beaters
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

Directions:
Mix the ingredients
Bake for 12 minutes at 350*F
This makes 36 cookies (allegedly for one point each)

Oh I almost forgot the most important direcion - Eat as much batter as possible. I am sure it doesn't count for points if it isn't baked, right?
Trisha's husband had a pretty good idea of what to do with these cookies. I got my Fat Free Cool Whip out of the freezer and made a little sandwich of deliciousness! YUMMY! I have been on Weight Watchers since January of 2006. I have been a lifetime member since June 2006! It is recipes like this that keep me going!

5 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

You're amazing, Amy! How much weight did you lose with WW?

I'm putting your cookies to the test this week...or at least I hope to. :)

Hope your mind is at ease tonight over the state issues. Any word on that?

Our Girl Blue said...

This isn't cookie-related (although I'll be making them soon!), but I wanted to ask you if that photo of you guys was taken at the Paradisus? We were just there on our honeymoon a couple of weeks ago, and I'd recognize that pool bar anywhere!

Nickie C. said...

Weight Watchers cookies...yum! I just joined on september 6th and so far down 7.8# with a weigh in on Thursday so hopefully more!

Our Girl Blue said...

Amy - We almost went to ASP! We were in Riviera Maya, too, and we rode right by there on our way to Cancun. Makes me wish we were back there... :-)
-Christy

Dea said...

Wow... yummy and only one point! I can't get applesauce or eggbeaters here though. Can make my own applesauce, but do you think egg whites would work instead of the beaters???