Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Cinnamon Muffins, The Easy Way




A little girl in my class brought in some cinnamon muffins for her snack day. Let me tell you, I don't usually eat the kid's snack but the muffins looked so good that I had to try one. They were SO good. In fact, I liked them so much I wrote her mom a note asking for the recipe, I thought I would make them for Thanksgiving morning because my in-laws don't keep breakfast food at their house.
On Monday, the little girl came in to school with a box that I thought was for the food drive. Then she told me that it was for me. Upon closer inspection I saw what the box was, it was a box of Cinnamon Strusel muffin mix.

This was the recipe for the muffins she brought in! HA! I thought it was great!
I still decided to make them for Thanksgiving morning. I am not against mixes, in fact, I am all for them. I have been so busy this week getting ready for two Thanksgivings and making sure my students are doing enough Thanksgiving turkey crafts to sustain them. I was more than happy to add egg whites (for a healthier version) some oil and milk to the mix and pop it in the oven. They look and smell DELICIOUS! You should consider this mix because it tastes great!
We are leaving right after work tomorrow for our Thanksgiving whirlwind so I won't be blogging before the big holiday. So, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Enjoy your turkey day!

2 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

Amy,
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels if you decide to be on the road! Those muffins are SO DELICIOUS. I've had them before. :) Mmmm mmm good. Makes me hungry now!

Have a great holiday!
Bec

Anonymous said...

I love that parent. LOVE. Doesn't that sound like something one of the Stinton sisters would do? I love it!

I'll have to try them. I'm not much of a baker, but I almost always find success with the boxes. =)