Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

So much to do, so little time!

It seems as though there are SO many things to do around this time of year. We have been making SO many Christmas crafts in our classroom this week it is starting to get ridiculous! We have been reading LOTS of Christmas books. Yesterday I read my favorite Christmas book which (embarassingly) is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I love that book and I love the movie. I am always sure to share both with my Kindergarteners each year. Today I read The Polar Express which is a wonderful book. Many people now know the movie but the book is really well written and beautifully illustrated. The kids all sat there listening to the story in complete silence. They were hanging on every word and hardly interrupting the story, which is a Christmas miracle in itself this time of year!
I think tomorrow I will read The Night Before Christmas. I have found that the old fashioned wording in that books makes it harder for my kids to attend to but they still enjoy it. This class has been really into The Twelve Days of Christmas book/song this year.
On Monday we are making gingerbread men (wish me luck) and at some point we have to make parent gifts! I hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas season and are making many happy memories. :)

1 comment:

Dea said...

Hey Ame! We're loving the Grinch here too... Ella just thinks it's great. She also thinks we're having roast beast for Christmas dinner! ;-) Just a shame you aren't allowed share with them the REAL meaning of Christmas! Sorry I haven't called... we've all been sick and it's just been one thing after another! Talk soon!