Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Decorations!

Well, this is our second Christmas as a married couple but the first in our house. We lived in a beautiful apartment last year but we still had a small Christmas tree and no outdoor area to decorate. So, with the help of my Aunt Pat and Unc we picked up a 7 1/2 foot pre-lit Christmas tree from Sam's Club and they donated many outdoor decorations to us as well!

We looked everywhere for a Christmas tree. I love the pre-lit kind but many didn't have enough lights. 800 lights over 7 1/2 feet sounds like a lot, but it isn't. Our Sam's Club tree has 1500 lights! It is BEAUTIFUL and HUGE! I have lots of ornaments (too many for last years 4 1/2 foot tree) and they look great on the big moehusker in our living room this year.







My hutch, that my generous mother bought for me at an auction, has become a display area for all of my snowglobes (at the top) and our stockings.


My mom made my stocking (on the right) for me before I was born (do you think they were hoping for a boy or what?). She made them for us because her mom made them for all of her siblings when they were children. I carried on the tradition by making one for Chad and I will make one for each of our children. I love my blue stocking with turtles, frogs, and of course an orange. I made Chad's to reflect his love for sports and the University of Michigan.



I also put up our Nativity Scene that we bought from Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland in Frankenmuth. If you haven't been to the world's largest Christmas store, you are really missing out. There were 5 aisles of Nativity Scenes to choose from and I found the perfect one as well as a handmade creshe. Check it out:


I hope you enjoyed our indoor decorations. We have some wreaths, an advent calendar, bathroom decor, and welcome mats as well but I will spare you the details. If you want to see more you will have to stop by sometime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy, the decorations are beautiful! How it the world do you find the time and energy to do all of this?! I LOVE the stocking you made for Chad. I just bought stocking for Rick and me. My real stocking is at my parent's house...as Rick and I falsly promised that we'd be back for Christmas this year. I really like the idea of making stocking though. Perhaps Rick and I will do that on Christmas eve. I must say that I am completely amazed by how much you do and what you do! Bravo! Seriously, now that I'm working, Rick's lucky if I pop something into the microwave for him, or boil some noodles and pour some canned sauce on it for him! You'll have to let me in on your secret. =) I'm really happy for you Amy. And I miss you so much! I hope you and Chad have a wonderful Christmas!