Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, December 17, 2007

SNOW DAY - sort of

Well this weekend we got about 8 inches of snow and the back roads were still pretty bad this morning. Most of the districts around us had the day off and even the charter school in our town was off of school for today. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. hoping for the most joyous phone call that there was no school but alas, no call. I drove into work. The highway was fine but most of the side streets were still pretty rough.
Then, during the kids recess my co-worker came in to tell me that we won't have school TOMORROW! What? I thought she was full of it. Then she told me that the water main outside of our school (which has been on life support for months) has finally gone and they are cancelling school tomorrow to fix it as we wouldn't have any water in our school at all, which means no toilet flushing, yuck!
So, now I will have time to go shopping for the schools giving tree and have lunch with my friends but most imporantly . . . SLEEP IN! WHOO HOO!

1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

I was hoping for a snow day too! No such luck! Do they believe they will have it fixed tomorrow or is it possible it could take more than a day? The kids are excited, of course!

Enjoy sleeping in. I'm going to!! :)