Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, December 17, 2007

Nintendo Wii

Alright, so we are twenty somethings with no kids. We are what people call DINKS. That stands for Dual Income - No Kids. It basically means we have more disposable income than most people. It is usually a temporary condition. We know for sure that it is temporary for us and I think Chad is feeling the pressure to spend money on himself when he can. SO, the day after Thanksgiving he got a Playstation 3. I thought, okay, he is trying to get fun stuff now when there are no diaper or daycare costs, that's cool.
Then we were at Best Buy on Friday we were looking at the Wii and it looked kinda fun. The guy at the store said they were getting 140 in on Sunday morning and the Wii is still so popular that people have to get in line early in the morning to get one. Crazy people, like my husband. So, those 8 inches of snow fell and the roads weren't plowed and my idiot husband drove to best buy at 5:30 to stand in line for a Wii. Well, I went back to sleep and he came home with a Wii, two games and two controllers.
At first I was a bit skeptical but that thing is AWESOME! With the Wii you move your body and the remotes to move the characters. We got a couple of sports games and I think my favorite is boxing. I totally kicked Chad's butt. It was so cool. We worked up quite a sweat. Awesome. So anyway, Chad is playing bowling and I am going to go beat him again (I'm a bit competitive can you tell?)
Now if only my shoulder would stop hurting from the non-stop Wii! :)

2 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

It does look like a cool game. Although, there's no way we'd buy one for so many reasons. :) Arguments over who's turn it is...the expense... Okay, well two major reasons! :)

Enjoy your new toy. Chad couldn't wait for Christmas, eh? Maybe Santa was going to bring it to him! :)

Dea said...

What - you fight over your income? Mwah ha ha ha... sorry not every day I get the chance to correct a teacher's spelling! ;-)

That sounds like fun... I want a DS Lite so bad, but they cost about $250 here plus another $70 for the games I want. Grrrr....

I WILL call soon, I am having some issues with my back at the moment and can barely move. But I'll be in touch soon. Promise!