Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I had a PARTY!



Well, tonight I had a party at my house. It was the first party I had in our new home and I LOVED it so much! I had an Arbonne skin care party. Or as I called it all week a lotion and potion party. I invited a bunch of my co-workers and it was a lot of fun. I have been cleaning for a couple of days and I have been cooking since yesterday.


I made a really good spinach dip in a bread bowl as an appetiser. I have a great big platter that I put some pretzels, pita chips, and garlic toast onto for people to dip with. It was really good.


Then for the dinner I made ravioli in the oven with spaghetti sauce. I also made a salad and some garlic bread. Everything turned out great without any problems. I had a different sauce in mind originally for the ravioli but at the last minute I decided to keep it simple. I am SO glad I did. I was very busy as everyone was arriving and I can't imagine having to babysit something on the stove.


I also made a killer desert. It is one of the easiest deserts to make but it is so summery to me and I love it. I made my first angel food cake on my own and then cut up a million strawberries and sprinkled them with sugar and let them sit in the fridge for a while. I also had good ol' cool whip to put on the cake and berries. So simple and so delicious. Everyone seemed pretty impressed that I made the angel food cake. It's like, how hard is it to make a cake? But that's okay.


I really liked sharing my house with everyone. We moved in around the middle of April so I have been talking about it for a while. It is nice to show everyone the fruits of our hard labor. We had some VERY rough thunderstorms today and I got a little freaked out because we lost our power and our house was so eerily quiet. I decided when the power came back on (and I could free my car) that I would go to Target to spiff up the house a bit before everyone came over. I set a budget of $50 so I figured I wouldn't get much. I was SO wrong. I got two pairs of drapes for the upstairs family room, a valance for the guest bedroom (to match another single valance I had), I also got a rug for the front door, which is good since it was so rainy, and a picture frame that matches our living room decor perfectly. I know you aren't going to believe this but I got all of that for $50! I was a good bargain shopper!

So, anyway, I had a really great time having everyone over. I really like to cook and entertain and I loved having the opportunity to demonstrate my skills! I can't wait to host my sister's wedding shower in a week and a half. Oh no! A week and a half! I need to get moving! :)

1 comment:

One of the Bunch said...

That sounds like such a wonderful party!! I'm glad that you were able to entertain your guests. Your menu sounds heavenly too! I'm a fellow target-lover so I can totally see how you purchased so many bargains for $50. Way to go!! Now get moving...that wedding shower is coming up! :)