Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Nice Weekend!


My cousin Sarah got married this weekend! It was a fun family party. She had a beautiful shower on Friday. It was a tea party with scones, fancy tea cups, sugar cubes, and flowery hats all over the place! My aunts and mom put it together and it was very interesting.
The wedding was Saturday and it was so beautiful. Sarah and her new husband Rick wanted a backyard barbeque wedding and that is exactly what it was. One thing our family knows how to do is throw a party. Everything was so fun and almost all of our cousins came up for the wedding. We defintely had a BALL!
This weekend was also Father's Day. It was a fun day too as I saw my dad and Chad's dad as well. We also went to see my grandpas, which sadly means a trip to the cemetery. Its one of those things you just get used to after a while. I am glad we went, its just kinda sad to make that a part of the day.
One cool thing about marrying Chad, among the million other things, is that he still has a grandpa and he reminds me SO much of my dad's dad who died in 1999. It is so fun to have another grandpa to love!
Anyway, Sunday night always has a special feeling, namely a feeling of dread. I didn't get to sleep in at all this weekend and with a Professional Development conference every day this week from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. my summer vacation has REALLY not started yet! I hope everyon enjoys their week!

1 comment:

Dea said...

Hey Amy! Congratulate Sarah for me next time you see her. So happy for them - they are such a cute couple!

Sorry about your impending week. Best of luck!