Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Everyone Needs a Hobby!


So, a few months ago a friend of mine, Alison, asked me to join her at a new club called Stampers 10. It is a group that gets together once a month to make stamping activities. We mostly make cards and learn new stamping and paper craft techniques. At the club we make 3 cards a week but we also have to spend 15 dollars out of the stamping order catalog. At first I didn't want to join because we were watching our money but Chad said, "everyone needs a hobby." So I joined. And, I kinda love it! I have taken to making cards for holidays and family events. The biggest problem is that I am not a very straight cutter and I am not a very good layout artist. But, oh well, its homemade and it shows I care. The cards above are for my cousin's wedding shower and wedding, Chad's cousin's wedding, and my dad for Father's Day. I just thought I would share!

2 comments:

Dea said...

Oooh! Very nice!!! Is it Stampin Up by any chance? I LOVE LOVE LOVE their stuff, but they don't have it over here :-( I'm on their list if they decide to expand though! Good for you... it's fun to do stuff like this I wish I could come too!

Dea said...

Ok weird shit... I was praying about maybe finding a business opportunity like Stampin Up or something similar and a few hours after posting my first comment here I get an email from them saying they are coming to Europe and am I still interested!? Is that a sign or what? ;-)