Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I am a gardener!




So,we bought our first house and it came with a few gardens. I thought this was very exciting, until . . . I had to do the weeding and keep up with it! It has been very exciting to discover all of the flowers we have. It is a surprise everytime. Now, if I could just keep up with watering, fertilizing, weeding, and trimming then I think I could truly enjoy it!
We also planted some veggies in some back gardens behind our shed in the back yard. We planted two pepper plants (green and red) and seeds for cucumbers, cantelope, carrots, and pumpkins.
My mother has been an amazing gardener my entire life. She is an expert and it is difficult to keep up with that sort of role model. She has come to my house a few times (we life 1 1/2 hours apart) and she always knows what every little thing is, even if it is just a new sprout. She has the most beautiful gardens and I hope to work hard to get my gardesn to look half as nice!
Pictures taken by my handsome husband and fellow gardener, Chad.

1 comment:

Dea said...

Wow - it's really beautiful. You are lucky you have a talented Mom in that area! Let's hope her green fingers have passed on! :-)