Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I've got ants in my pants and it makes me want to dance!


Well, it finally cooled off here so we decided to do some work outside. My garden was very neglected so it needed a lot of work. I had a lot of dead flowers and weeds to remove. There were places with weeds that I didn't even know existed! We have an area between the deck and the house that I have never paid much attention to. I found out today what a big mistake that was. I had LOTS of weeds back there so I started pulling them. I was working at a good pace when I looked down and saw 1,000,000 ants! They were EVERYWHERE! What's worse is that they were all over my socks and shoes! YUCK! So, I stripped off my socks and shoes and went upstairs to get the ant spray. I sprayed the junk out of those ants. The picture shows my ant graveyard behind our deck. That'll teach 'em!

3 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

At least you didn't get bit by them. I was weeding our flower gardens earlier in the season and it never dawned on me until I had ant bites on my feet and ants crawling up my legs! YIKES May all your pesky ants RIP. So, did you get alot finished on your flower gardens then?

One of the Bunch said...

Just letting you know that Katelyn left you a quick email through the school email address! :)

Dea said...

EEEEEWWWW! As much as I miss the US, there are some things - like ants - that I will never miss! ;-) They busted into Dow one day and people were looking at the carpet wondering why it was moving... yeah... turns out it was ants. Yuck!