Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Are you playing ping pong?

So, I can finally feel the baby moving around in there! I am about 19 weeks along and if one more person asks me "what are you having?" I might scream. I sometimes say, "I'm hoping its a human!" hehehehe, nothing like a sarcastic fat lady!
So, anyway, we go in for our 'big ultrasound' on June 6th. Contrary to popular belief that ultrasound is to check the baby's growth and development and *not* just an appointment to determine the baby's gender! :)

Our baby is quite active. I am sure Chad (an former avid soccer star) is thrilled to hear that our baby feels like a soccer player already! It is the weirdest feeling to know that there is a human being inside my abdomen. I know that it has been in there for a while, but when you can actually feel it moving, it is something different entirely! Honestly, most days I still kinda feel like I am talking about someone else being pregnant or having a baby, but when I feel that little mouser in there, I believe that it's mine! YIKES!
I will say this, though, this baby does NOT like to be squished up. Whenever I sit down and bend over (like when I am testing kids at work) the baby starts trying to kick me so I will sit up. Mouser does NOT like being squished! HAHAHA! S/He is fiesty like mom already! ;)

I hope everyone has a good day, I am looking forward to a long weekend coming up here soon! WHOO HOOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When people asked my dad what he wanted he'd say, "I'd really like a pony if it wouldn't throw things off too much."