Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Our Veggie Garden - Year 2




So last year you may remember that we had a veggie garden. We thought it was so much fun that we decided to do it again this year! Although it is somewhat harder to pull weeds this year due to lack of bending, we have had a lot of success so far. In fact, despite Chad saying no, I picked two potatoes that made their way above ground today!!!! We have watermelon and cucumber vines, potato plants, lots of corn, a fledgling green pepper plant, and some questionable cauliflower. We also have a mystery plant that may be a volunteer tomato. We had a volunteer tomato last year as well (I guess from the previous owners? We have never planted tomatoes). I am not sure if the mystery plant is tomato or not, it could just be a very hardy weed that we have been scared to pick! Anyway, enjoy the pictures!!









2 comments:

Dea said...

I am so jealous Amy - what an amazing feat! Wish I could come help you weed. Shoot me an email when you have some time to chat... would love to catch up! XO

Anonymous said...

Where did you go? You haven't posted in a while.