Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday Brunch!



On Thursday my friend Kacey came to school with an Egg McMuffin from McDonald's and a hashbrown that looked SO good. I know that type of breakfast is a bit low brow but growing up McDonald's breakfast was always such a treat! Well, this morning I woke up and thought, hmmm . . . I want a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit and hashbrowns. Wait a minute, I have bacon, eggs, cheese, biscuits, and little hasbrowns. I can make my own McDonald's breakfast.

So, I asked Chad if he wanted that and of course he said he would rather have some jelly on his biscuit and no bacon. So, we had the same ingredients but different overall breakfasts.

First I put two frozen biscuits in the toaster oven and preheated the oven for the "hashbrowns" which were actually Ore-ida crispy crowns. They are essentially flattened tater tots and they are SO yummy!

Then I scrambled up 4 eggs and whipped in a few splashes of milk. I cooked the eggs and added some green peppers from my garden. When the eggs were almost done I threw in some shredded Colby Jack cheese to make them extra yummy.

At the very end I nuked two pieces of ready-bacon in the micro and made myself a little sandwich. I put the eggs/cheese/green pepper mixture on the biscuit and topped it with the bacon. Of course, my biscuit was smaller than I thought so I had a little side of eggs too. Then I just piled on the hashbrowns and ate up.



Chad just had the deconstructed version of the dish, minus the bacon, and he was a happy camper once he added grape jelly (yuck) and ketchup (of course, he eats it on EVERYTHING).


What a yummy morning! We had such a great breakfast (well at 10 am) that we decided to skip lunch. I love Sundays! ;)

2 comments:

Dea said...

Sounds yummy Ame!

Mrs. J said...

yummy! I want to make a yummy breakfast too! I havent eaten breakfast for so many days already.