Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Football Saturday




I finally made the infamous Weight Watchers cake (well cupcakes) and the yummy low-fat pudding/cool whip frosting. Let me just say, it was SO good. I could have licked that bowl of frosting. And of course by could have I mean, I did. The consistency was a little sticky but so good.

Lucious Low-fat Cupcakes

1 box of cake mix
1 can of Coke Zero
Yield 24 cupcakes

Mix together. I put them in cupcake pans with paper liners, which I sprayed because I was worried they would stick because of the lack of fat.

Frosting From My Cooking Blog

1 8oz tub of Cool Whip Light
1 big box (5.1 oz) Fat Free/Sugar Free Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 1/2 cups Milk
1/3 cup confectioner sugar

Mix pudding, milk, and sugar until well combined. Fold in the Cool Whip.
I frosted the cupcakes by using my Pampered Chef cake decorating set. It took a lot of work to keep filling up that little frosting squirter but the frosting was a little runny so it made it easier to get them on the cupcakes.

But that wasn't all. You can't have people over for football and not serve like a million things to snack on. So, in addition to the cupcakes I served:
Shuler's cheese spread with Ritz crackers.

Cheese and Meat dip with tortilla chips
1 small block (or half large block) Velveeta Cheese (2% milk reduced fat)
1 can No Bean Chili

cut Velvetta into small cubes. Mix can of No Bean Chili and cheese and put in microwave until melted (about 3 minutes) stirring at least once during cooking.


I also made a really DELICIOUS pizza roll that I found on Amber's Delictable Delights which is a delightful blog that I have been frequenting.

The pizza roll was a huge hit with the football crowd.



Ingredients:
1 roll Pilsbury French Bread Loaf refrigerated bread dough
2 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
parmesean cheese
Italian seasoning
pepperoni
egg wash (egg white and water)

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 350*
Unroll bread dough and cover with almost all of the mozzerella cheese and also sprinkle with parm. Add some pepperoni and a little Italian seasoning. Roll up the bread into a log. Pinch the ends and the seam. Cover with egg wash and cut some slits in the top to let out the steam. Add a few pieces of pepperoni and the rest of the cheese.
Bake at 350* for 20 minutes
Allow to cool 5 minutes
Slice into pieces. I should have sliced into smaller pieces because this disappeared very, very quickly! Everyone loved this quick, easy recipe. I will DEFINTELY make it again! Next time I think I will have to make two because it was gone before you could blink. SO YUMMY!

No comments: