Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, August 20, 2007

I Feel Antsy!

It may be the change of weather (very cold and rainy for August) or that the new school year is starting but I am feeling quite antsy as of late. I want all new furniture, home decorations, paint, hardwood floors, all new clothes and everything else. I want everything to be new, pretty, classy, and clean. I think there are just a lot of changes going on and it is unsettling. In that way, I want to settle things and nest in here.
My sister is getting married in like 10 days, which is incredible and long overdue. I just want a bit of a change. Maybe new curtains in the dining room will be enough to pacify me. I am going outlet shopping with my friend Kacey so maybe I will convince here to stop by Linens 'n' Things or an outlet store that sells curtains.
I tried cooking new things for dinner and it was a success. I still feel like I need more of a change. I guess I just feel like many other people in the world. I just like a little change up. Of course a new school year and all new kids could probably help the need for change!
I hope all is well with everyone! I hope my brain settles down soon!

2 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

Amy,
I have posted something similar on my very own blog today. I have felt it for a while now but this past week or two it has really kicked into overdrive. I want everything you mentioned as well (house wise) and yet, it just isn't possible at the moment. Just know, you're not alone! :( Hope your antsy-ness goes away soon!! Have a great week.

Dea said...

I bet it's something to do with life being a bit anti-climactic right now. If you think you spent the last three years planning and having a wedding and then all the aftermath up to the first anniversary, now all of a sudden you're at a loss. I remember feeling the same way! Hang in there...