Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Friday, August 17, 2007

Getting my classroom together!

I love going into my classroom at the end of the summer to get things put together. It is so fun to get a fresh start, a new classlist, and a new setup in the classroom. I am going to have my classroom set up in a new way again this year, as I do every year just to mix things up. I am not sure about my boards or posters as I like a bit of a change there too. I haven't had a lot of time to spend in my room yet so we will see how much gets done before we have to take off to see my sister for her WEDDING on Labor Day weekend!
I am happy to get things going. As Chad always says, I always look forward to the summer but I am actually a lot happier when I am working. My job is NOT easy and it is exhausting but I do love my job. I get very bored, very quickly in the summer. This summer I was extremely busy with classes and workshops and everything else but I still got bored on the off times. I will be happy when I am a bit busier.
I can't wait to meet my new kids. Well, I met most of them at Kindergarten roundup in the Spring but at that point they aren't my kids in my classroom yet. It is impossible to get to know all of the future Kindergarteners at round up but when they start coming in for back to school night and orientation, they are my kids. I can finally open myself up to them and get to know more and more about them. Generally I learn all of their names by the second hour of the first day. I have their pictures from roundup so it is easier for me to remember them a bit but it will be fun to get to know their personalities and how they will interact with each other.
Oh well, that is enough musing for today. Have a wonderful day one and all!

2 comments:

Dea said...

Sounds like fun. Hope there'll be pics up soon! Great talking to you last night. Hang in there!!!

One of the Bunch said...

Oh Amy, I must admit I am quite sad that I won't have a little one in your classroom this year! :( I do hope you continue on teaching at Woodworth so that my last two have a fantastic teacher to look forward to. So what do you think? Any chance you'll still be there in the fall of '08 and '11? (smile). You've done an amazing job with the last two. They still talk about you. All THE TIME!! I bet you are happier when you are busy with teaching. It's your calling. You're a natural. And the kids absolutely adore you!!! Hope your feeling better.