Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Shower at Mom's House


I had the most wonderful, beautiful, thoughtful shower at my mom's house this weekend. My aunts, grandmas, mil, and neighbors joined my mom to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Mouser. Of course, Mom calls him Stachu (Polish for Stanley, its an old joke, don't ask!) so we celebrated Stachu's arrival!
We had a Martha Stewart type shower with china coffee cups, baked brie, and a delicious salad bar. My very generous Aunt Penny made a beautiful dessert centerpiece (more like showstopper) to share with everyone. We had lots of duckies, frogs, and books at my shower. I felt so loved and I feel so blessed that our baby will be born into a family with so many people to love him! We received many, many gifts including a lot of precious hand-made items.

My grandma crotched an afgahan for my first baby a LONG time ago. Grandma is 90 so she made it knowing that no matter what, my baby would have something that she made just for him. I have been looking at that beautiful blanket for my whole life always thinking about getting it "someday." You know, someday when I was a grown up, with a perfect husband having our perfect little child. I knew that blanket was coming but I was still overwhelmed when I opened it and realized that someday was really here. Its like a realization that some of life's most important goals and dreams are coming true right now. I am so incredibly grateful that I got such a beautiful work of art, and even happier that my grandma was there to celebrate with me! In fact, both of my grandmas were there along with all of my aunts and Chad's mom.

I think the most important person there was my mom. She put so much time, effort, and love into my shower. I couldn't be more grateful to her. I had one of the best days of my life and I loved sharing the weekend with my mom. I have counted on her so much throughout my pregnancy and I am sure that will only increase once Stachu is here! I can't believe that soon I will be a mom to someone. It is really overwhelming but I know that my mom will be there if (WHEN) I need her when I am trying to figure this mom thing out. What an adventure!

You can click HERE for pictures of my wonderful shower!

2 comments:

mom said...

what a beautiful blog amy.I'm so glad you enjoyed the shower, I did too. Thanks so much for sharing your pregnancy with me, and I cant wait to enjoy little stachu. I dont think you will need much help with stachu, but you know grandmas, they can be full of advice! thanks for all the pictures. I enjoyed every minute of planning that shower. love, mom

One of the Bunch said...

You are glowing! You look like you had an incredible time and was able to spend it with those that mean the most to you. I'm so happy for you. The memories you created on this particular day will be with you, always. Mouser is going to be greatly blessed and abundantly loved.

Very soon, you will be holding your precious son in your arms. Your world will feel complete as your family grows from two to three. Remember the look on Chad's face the first time he looks at his son. It's a priceless memory.

Thinking of you,
-B