Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Homework and baby furniture

I would like to post something fun and exciting but mostly what I did today consisted of homework! At least I am getting a class done now so I only have to take two this summer! My class is pretty interesting and it isn't hard, its just time consuming and with working full time, keeping up with the house and gardens, preparing for the baby (i.e. sleeping), and getting the end of the school year wrapped up, time is the one thing that I am short on. Oh well, maybe it will make me a better teacher!
We started looking at nursery furniture today. Any suggestions on where we should go? We found a couple of sets that we like at Babies R' Us. I posted one of them below. We are just starting to look but luckily Chad and I have similiar tastes. We will have to see what we decide on eventually. We have plenty of time. We just were trying to figure out how much to budget for. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week! The big ultrasound is on Friday!

3 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

I can't wait for your ultrasound report!! Any feelings as to whether you believe it's a boy or a girl?

As far as the baby furniture, I love your choices. We found that the kids preferred their pack n play or bassinet over their crib. So much so, that we ended up taking their crib down. It was so big and they were so tiny. We used the small travel bassinet and sat it next to our bed until they were moved to their room. We never coslept until Baby #5. If I hadn't already had the plumbing removed, cosleeping with #5 would have been birth control enough. :)

I'll email more later but it's now 3:15am and I need to get some rest. Hope you had a good weekend.
-B

One of the Bunch said...

Another side note, some people love a changing table yet others find them to be a clutter collector. We used a dresser that had a long top as a makeshift changing table. Not quite as fancy as those pretty ones out there but more practical for us (with limited space and money). We put a changing pad and little bins on top to hold the diapers, wipes, creams. It worked out great. Plus, a big dresser is a bonus! Lots of storage for blankets and clothes. And once they are bigger, dresser space is in higher demand. :)

mom said...

beautiful furniture. very upscale.maybe when you come home we can trek over to saginaw and look at the baby furniture and all the other baby stuff. you know your mom, she just likes to look. i will love anything you and chad pick out, UNLESS it is all michigan or mich state stuff!love,mom