Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Strawberry Walnut Spinach Salad - Kacey's Shower



For Kacey's shower I also made a green salad, like I said I wanted to serve something spring-like so I decided to make this salad which has been a favorite of mine in the past and is WONDERFUL for entertaining. I got this recipe from Kraft Food and Family magazine.

Layered Strawberry Salad
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
3 cups torn Boston lettuce (I used romaine)
1 small red onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings (I put this on the side because I HATE onions, in fact it made me ill just to cut them!)
2 cups strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup PLANTERS Walnut Halves, toasted
1/2 cup KRAFT Creamy Poppyseed Dressing

I also offered Raspberry and Ranch dressings, most people chose raspberry. I also included the recipe card in front of this dish so that everyone knew what it was. This salad was a big hit again and it did make everyone long for spring again! I served the salad with croissants from Sam's club, they were SO flaky and tender, yum!

No comments: