Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Cheese Dip - Kacey's Shower



For Kacey's shower I also wanted to have some munchies for people while they were waiting for everyone to arrive. I made my mother in law's tried and true cheese spread. I am tempted to make you try it before you read the ingredients. Everyone LOVES the cheese spread when they eat it but the ingredients are weird. They all work together very well but its hard to believe that it would work!

Cindy's Famous Cheese Dip:
Melt cheese (velvetta 1 large box) in a double Boiler

In a separate bowl mix:
1 cup of Catalina Dressing
1 cup of French Onion Dip
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine

After the cheese is melted pour the cheese into the dressing, dip, butter mixture and mix with mixer. Pour into smaller containers.

Ooookay, I know what you are thinking, I warned you. Honestly, though, its SO yummy! You should really give it a try at your next get together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, do you try to keep the dip melty or do you let it harden? And I see crackers, is it best with crackers? My mom has a chicken recipe taht also takes that catalina and onion soup combo. It too is delicious. I think I'll try your cheese at our horse race next weekend. You can never go wrong with cheese...
Jamie