Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Kacey's Shower


Okay, so I threw a baby shower at the beginning of the month and I haven't blogged about it yet, so sue me! I am excited to show all of the little details that went into making a special day for my friend and fellow Kindergarten teacher, Kacey.

I had about 20 people over on Sunday, March 2nd to celebrate Kacey's second baby. I know its kinda taboo to have a shower for a second baby but Kacey lived in Florida and none of us knew her then. At that point she only had one very small shower and didn't get to celebrate in a big way. Now, the other big factor here is that Kacey has a four year old boy and Kacey is VERY excited to welcome a baby girl! So, we were all excited to get her some cute, frilly girly outfits and accessories. We were all happy to get together to celebrate the birth of her new daughter.

Okay, so first I decided that I was sick of winter so I had a spring menu of fruit salad, croissants, and green salad with strawberries, mozzarella, and walnuts. I also made a delicious punch in my mom's deluxe punch bowl. I made ice with a star shaped ice cube tray. The punch was simple with frozen pink lemonade concentrate mixed with sprite and frozen strawberries.

I had a duck theme so the cake had ducks and the favor was a duck shaped sugar cookie that I made and decorated with royal icing. I also had some cute decorations to make everything just right.

Here are some pictures:











3 comments:

mom said...

looks like you guys had a great shower. the decorations are really nice and the cookies turned out to be beautiful! love, mom

One of the Bunch said...

I LOVE it all, Amy! You did a fantastic job with the yummy food and decorations. It looks like she had a good turn out too. I'm all in favor for baby showers no matter what # of baby it is. It's a celebration of a little prince or princess! Who wouldn't want to celebrate that! Way to go!
Bec

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really nice shower Amy. However, the picture looking out the window at the snow was pretty depressing.
The duck cookies were really cute!