Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

He's Here!!!


Jack Thomas was born on Friday afternoon at 12:58 p.m. via c-section. Everything went really well. He was a mover and a shaker right from the start! Here are some basic stats:

So far he has brown/redish hair depending on the light. His eyes are still blueish but they are getting darker by the day and I think he might have brown eyes at some point. He is a big guy too!
Weight: 8 lbs 6 oz
Length: 21 inches
Head: 14.25 inches circumference


That puts our little Jack in the 80-90th percentile in all of his categories. Oh yeah, and he was a week early! They said the head circumference alone likely would have been enough reason for a c-section.

I am feeling great - I am on lots of steroids so my Crohn's is under control, which even though its artificially under control, its enough for me right now!

Jack is eating like a champ and so far he sleeps fairly well (knock on wood and lots of prayers for continued sleep!) He is so calm and content so far - he loves looking at our faces and he just relaxes and coos. I could just look at him all day.
Check out our picture site CLICK HERE for pictures. We are trying to update them as much as possible but we get a little busy somtimes (surprise, surprise!)

2 comments:

Dea said...

Yay! Are you home? I don't want to call and bother you, but let me know if and when you feel up to it! :)

Dea said...

P.S. Ciara's measurements and weight were exactly the same! And she was two weeks early! No wonder it hurt much more than the first!