Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

31 Weeks!



How could I possibly have only 9 weeks left until I have this baby? Yikes! We went to childbirth class last night again and I think it freaked Chad out a little. It freaked me out a little for sure. You know on a Baby Story they don't show everything and I think they try to make the mother look cute. The women in the movie we saw were looking ROUGH, really really rough. Of course, they didn't have the beauty of the epidural, which I know doesn't always work or I know I may encounter a circumstance where the epidural isn't an option, but after watching that video last night I hope to become very close friends with the anestsiologist.

Of course the childbirth instructor is quite ANTI-epidural but whatever, she isn't having this baby, I am, so she can go fly a kite for all I care! Anyway, I just wanted to check in and show off my newest pic. I got my haircut so it was a good day for a picture! I hope everyone is well. I am continuing to work on my classroom to get everything ready for a new bunch of little darlings! I hope they don't tire me out too much, yeah right!

3 comments:

Dea said...

Aw, so cute.

Didn't much care for idea of epidural. Was interesting in Ireland when I had to go to a ward with the other women. We'd all had babies that day, I was the only one with any energy! I imagine they had a better time during birth, but their recovery was much slower.

One of the Bunch said...

You are a doll, Amy!

I had #1 without Epi. Imagine what I did with #2, 3, 4, and 5. Yep, it was an epidural.

Are you using a doula at all?

Anonymous said...

Oh honey..epi all the way. I had my first natural so I could "experience" it...and then when I got to my 2nd I thought, I'll try it again...I was crying so bad the 2nd time they just gave me one. Had I known that's what it was if felt like to enjoy the baby's birth I would have done it the first time too. Do whatever your body tells you.