Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!




Chad, Jack, and I had a nice quiet New Year's Eve at home this year. If you remember, last year we got stuck in a ditch in 2 feet of snow so this year was much less stressful. We went to Meijer to get steaks and a bunch of food to cook for my in-laws to come over today. Apparently the rest of the residents in town decided to go to Meijer last night as well - nothing like waiting until the last minute. Oh well, Jack got a little fussy but he's a good little shopper so we made it just fine! When we got home we gave Jack a bath and put him to bed. He didn't want to fall asleep right away but we are working on him fallin asleep on his own which he did - eventually.
Anyway, Chad and I watched Stepbrothers with Will Ferrell and John C. Riley, ate our steak and tator tots and later I ate some ice cream. I also had my first alcoholic drink since last year on NYE because I got pregnant last January. Jack was a trooper and slept through the night so by the time I woke up I was bright eyed and bushy tailed.
We have been so blessed in 2008 and we are really looking forward to 2009. Happy New Year everyone!
Oh and we have about a MILLION new pictures on our picture site! Check it out!

2 comments:

One of the Bunch said...

Oh Amy,
Jack is SO darn adorable. I'm glad you guys had a calm, relaxing New Year. How did you like your movie? We laughed so hard. It was one of the best ones we've seen in a long time! Are you ready to return to work on Monday? I can't WAIT to have you back. Emilee is SUPER excited too! Enjoy your last day of vacation. It looks like you'll probably end up "iced" in. At least, we are getting the freezing rain now.

Sindie said...

Your baby is so cute. Sounds like your life is like a fairy tale. How wonderful.