Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Random Chicken Casserole

So, lately I haven't been taking out anything to make for dinner and we end up buying more snacks than actual dinner components at the store. My friend Kacey had her baby so my other friend Casey and I made her dinner so she didn't have to cook. So, I was going through a bunch of casserole recipes and I found a few that looked pretty good. Then I saw Paula Deen on TV today with an episode entitled "Fridge Finds." Then it occured to me that AGAIN I didn't take anything out to make for dinner. So, I got out a can of chicken (yuck! We bought a bunch at sam's and we are trying to use it up) and I made a casserole that was a mix between my sister's Broccoli Chicken Divan and Paula Deen's Chicken Bodine.

Amy's Random Chicken Casserole
1 (12 oz) package egg noodles (cooked and drained)
1 can cream of broccoli soup
1/2 cup milk
1 large can cooked cubed chicken (about a cup and a half)
1 1/2 cups broccoli cooked
1 cup (or a bit more) shredded cheese
2 tbsp. butter melted
1 cup bread crumbs

Mix milk, soup, chicken, noodles, broccoli and cheese. Place in a greased 9x13 pan. Mix melted butter and bread crumbs, sprinkle over the top. Bake for 25 minutes at 375*. Then I put it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp the top. I don't think this was our favorite dinner ever but it was a good way to use that gross canned chicken. If I were to make this again I would just use leftover baked or grilled chicken.

1 comment:

Dea said...

Ooh that sounds delish. The girls would love it! Do you think I could use a can of cream of chicken? We only get mushroom and chicken here, oh and occasionally you see celery! Hope all is well there! Miss you!