Figuring out how to be a newlywed in this crazy world!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I freaking LOVE Little House on the Prairie


Seriously, I really like having digital cable. We get a million channels that no one would ever want to watch but every once in a while one of those channels will have a show I haven't seen in forever that I absolutely adore. Well, today we went on a field trip to the hands on museum and I was exhausted after work so I left right after the kids did. I was home early enough to catch one of the best episodes of Little House. Its called "The Richest Man in Walnut Grove" because the Ingalls fell on some tough times but Pa still thought he was the richest man in the town because his family was so great. Mary went to work sewing and Ma plowed the crops so Pa could do more work to earn more money. Poor Laura got made fun of by that mean ole' Nellie Olsen and Pa made her feel all better. Then later she punched her, it was GREAT. In fact she said, "My pa said that people that say that workin' folks smell bad have nothing better to do than stick their noses up in the air. Well Nellie, if you stick your nose up in the air, I'm gonna punch it!" YEAH! I love it!

Plus, Pa is such a sap but in a great way. Ma was plowing the field and was dirty and tired looking. She said, "I must look a fright" and Pa said, "your face is dirty, your hair is all askew and you are still the prettiest sight a man ever set his eyes on." Then to top off that hum-dinger he said, "the only thing I regret about marrying you is that I won't have the pleasure of asking you to be my wife again." I know stuff like that is crazy, utterly absurd, but on TV its kinda neat!

I think the best thing though is when they get all the money and go pay their bill at Olsen's mercantile. I love watching the look on that bitch Harriet's face when they have all the money they owe and buy more stuff with cash. Ahh man, that lady is one that you just LOVE to hate. I also love that even though Nells has lots of money and a big store he is blatantly jealous of Charles! In fact, HE himself calls Charles the richest man in Walnut Grove. I LOVE this show!

1 comment:

Competitivelisa said...

"The Richest Man..." episode is on right now!!! Before posting on the FB page of a childhood friend I Googled "mean ole' Nellie Olsen" to confirm the spelling of "ole'" and came across your blog. I'll never out grow this show!